Sunday, May 14, 2006

Update

Alex is fine. In fact, I think that the rest of the family has suffered much more than he has. Just like you said, Sally!

Thursday night was the big vomit event. Then Friday morning he had diarrhea, which told me that it may not just be a reaction to food. Friday afternoon we went to the dr. She said, as I assumed she would, just to give him electrolytes, continue breastfeeding, and avoid fiber-y foods, like fruit. OK. Great. Another couple of nasty diapers that day.

Saturday morning, I woke up feeling bad. And it went downhill from there. I didn't leave the house at all, and I hardly left the bed. I didn't actually throw up, but I think that was just a careful mixture of Sierra Mist and not moving AT ALL.

Dan played with Alex all day. I am soooo glad this was a weekend. I don't know what I would have done otherwise! He brought him to me when Alex needed to eat, then took him away again. Wonderful, wonderful Dan. After Alex went to sleep, Dan started feeling sick. He said he wasn't sure if it was the Jack-In-The-Box he'd had for dinner or Alex's bug. Doesn't matter. Maybe it was the combination, but Dan retreated to the bathroom for a while, and then returned saying, "Well, that was a waste of $4.53." Dan is always so practical.

So, Dan and I got up this morning, both a little run-over feeling. Alex still has nasty diapers, but he's acting like the energetic little boy he always is. So, I'm just trying to keep giving him Pedialite. The dr. said that a change in activity or appearance is more indicative of a serious problem than other symptoms, so we'll just hope that Alex keeps up the good work of getting into everything! Then we'll know he's OK.

Dan left a few minutes ago to run to the store. I talked him into taking Alex with him. Call it a Mother's Day gift :-)

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boys each had some stomach bug last fall and the diapers that followed were so disgusting; thanks for the memory. I don't know what Ethan's problem was on Saturday. He seemed to have recovered from the bug as quickly as it came on (no gross poo). I sure hope I'm not going to have a child who gets car sick easily!

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, ask Dan about all of his puking adventured. I seem to remember some time in high school when we were all at his house for DnD. He was moving clothes around, because he's never been clean, and low and behold he reveals a pile of puke. It's so old, it's dried up. Also, I believe there was a drunken puke tent incidend in Canada. Ask him about that too.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

Andi-Glad Ethan is better. And yeah...those diapers... I'm shuddering just thinking about it...

Brian-I'd heard the story of the puke-under-the-towel before. Dan claims that he was "sick, didn't want to look at it, was going to clean it up later, and then forgot." Hadn't heard about the Canada trip yet. I have to tell you, though, Dan did turn a bit red at the thought of all the grandparents who read this blog :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home