Monday, May 01, 2006

Alex Takes a Stand

Alex is all about standing up. You'd think he'd been doing this for years! He will sit on the floor and play with a toy for a couple of minutes, and then it's like he suddenly thinks, "What am I doing? I could be standing!!!" Then he'll wiggle across the ground, find some stationary object that he is pretty sure will support him, and UP he goes! So far, this plan has worked really well. If he uses me, he also gets a little help and a hug when he gets to standing. The boxes, cube-wall, couch, and toy container offer less help, but are sturdy enough. His only rejection so far was Sydney. He grabbed some fur, started to pull himself up, and Sydney just about hit the ceiling. I have to give her credit, though. Alex fell and cried a little, and she came to lick his face, as if to apologize.

I know she didn't mean to hurt him, but he didn't mean to hurt her, either!


What's up? Oh, this standing thing...yeah, I guess I've been doin' it for a while....like 3, 4 days maybe.

Hey, Mom, have you seen my Pooh Bear?

3 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura~ you certainly have the cutest non-crawling yet standing baby in the universe! What a sweetie! ~Auntie Sarah

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to have an early walker!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

Tia Sarita~ Thank you. Yes he is. And only getting sweeter every day.

Sally~ I hope not. He's getting into enough stuff already without walking any sooner than necessary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home