Sunday, September 18, 2005

Today we had a visit from Aunt Sarah. She drove up from San Antonio to say hi to Alex and see Grandma Linda while she was in town. Alex was really alert this morning, so Sarah got to enjoy a happy, awake baby for quite a while before the lure of a nap called the little guy away from his company.

She brought him a present, which Alex is modeling below. Very cute! Thank you, Sarah.

In other news, Daddy has to go back to work tomorrow. He's bummed. Dan has done such an amazing job of adjusting to his new role. He's not afraid of poop, has actually gotten into the cloth diaper experience, and proudly wore a shirt with spit-up on it most of the day today (no, he didn't leave the house looking like that, but he also didn't feel the need to change immediately, and he wasn't afraid to hold Alex again. He just shrugged and said, "The shirt's already dirty.") On the topic of Dan's clothes, Alex also managed to pee on his shorts during a diaper change. (We have to admit that Brian warned us about this potential hazard, but I guess everyone has to experience it for themselves to realize the importance of constant diaper-changing vigilance.)

Everything else is going really well. (A little about Mommy, here, although it's a side track from the star.) My body is doing great. I am still a little sore, but overall I feel so wonderful. I was kind of miserable those last few weeks of being pregnant. My body just ached all the time, I had no energy, and on and on. There were so many days that I didn't even leave the house. I was a complete slug. Now, my only problem is that I am supposed to be resting. I feel so much better than last week, I want to get up and run a marathon! I want to get out and about and take my little boy with me to show him his new world. But, I am constrained by the rules that I need to take it easy (enforced by Dan, who keeps asking me, "Aren't you supposed to be horizontal right now?") I guess my wild dreams of adventurous outings will have to be satisfied by a trip to the mailbox.Here I am, modeling my new outfit from Aunt Sarah. The hat says, "Judge me by my size, you do?" and the shirt, "Size matters not." Ironically, it is too big right now, and I'll have to wait to wear it. It appears that size matters a little bit!



Sydney: Hey Dan, you got something on your shorts.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Andi said...

I love the Yoda outfit. That is sweet. Good job parents. I'll tell you, kids are the greatest. I hope you're getting some sleep. How is sleeping? By the way, going back to work sucks!

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELP!!! I've searched the internet high and low and have yet been able to locate that Star Wars outfit. WHERE can I get one???? I want to give it to a co-worker who is expecting and is a HUGE Star Wars fan. By the way...Alex is one cute baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home