Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Another childbirth class tonight. We are the couple with the earliest due date (our classes end next Tuesday, the 6th, we're due on the 10th...we're not cutting it close, we just wanted everything we learned to be fresh in our minds!). It's cute that everytime we come in, others in the class say something to the effect of "We're glad you made it!" or "You were late, we were afraid that you had already had the baby!"
I'm thinking, "Don't be afraid. I like you guys and all that, but I'd rather already be hanging out with my little boy than still pregnant here with you!" Really, our class is great, we love our instructor, and the couple that sits next to us is really nice, we've exchanged phone numbers (just in case we don't make it to the last class) so we can get together later.

So, yesterday I promised to pack my bag. It is now packed. Although, we then talked about the 100 things we want to take that are not yet in the bag (games, CD's, a CD player...) so I guess I'm not really packed.

Other "To Do" items: thank you cards from this weekend. I want to get them done quickly because if I don't do them now, it's going to be a long time before I get around to them. I assume that I'll have other things to think about after the kiddo makes his debut. I also have this pair of p.j. pants that I started sewing in a sewing class I was taking last month. Funny thing is, I didn't finish them in the class, so I took home the pieces to put together. I put them together entirely wrong, and ended up with something that didn't really resemble pants at all. I took them apart tonight and, with Dan's help, I think I figured out how they should go. I think that they'll make nice "recovery clothes" because they are comfy like pajamas, but they are cute (OK, the fabric is cute, I hope that when the pants are done, they'll be cute, too), so I won't feel like quite such a bum. I've discovered through this pregnancy how much of a difference my clothes can make to the way I feel about my day and what I can accomplish. When I am in my bathrobe or sweatpants most of the day, I feel like laying on the couch. When I put on "real" clothes, I feel like being out in the world. I'm not talking about "dressing up", I just mean putting on "jeans" instead of "the same sweatpants I wore yesterday."

I guess that's enough for now...

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

Thanks, Princess. I will consider the patent. Actually, I took them apart and they're almost back together *correctly* this time. Who knew that pants could be so hard to make?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home