Monday, August 29, 2005

Shower Report, and It's Time to PACK

The weekend was wonderful. Saturday we had our shower. My mother came from Lubbock, in an attempt to surprise me. It would have been a surprise, except I happened to call in the middle of her ordering her airline tickets, and, lousy liar that she is, she couldn't keep the secret well enough and I guessed. He he he. Nice try, mom! But, it was really nice that both she and Sarah were able to come and be there for our party. I also had some friends from college drive up from San Antonio for the big event. We were surrounded by so much love and support and excitement. It was really wonderful. Oh, and one of the party organizers brought a chocolate fountain. And, it's just what it sounds like. You hold strawberries, bits of cake, marshmallow, bananas, whatever tastes good with chocolate (OK, then, anything) under the flow, and it turns out all fondue-like and delicious! I thought about just sticking my tounge under there, but then I thought other people might want to enjoy it, too :-)

Saturday evening, we went to a baby shower for friends of ours. They are due 2 weeks after us, so our kiddo will have a play mate almost exactly the same age. There are two other gals pregnant within our group of friends, too, so we have already started talking about organizing babysitting co-op and playgroup situtations. It's a little baby boom around here!

Today's big event is to back a hospital bag. I know, this probably should have been done a little while ago. Dan has told me that the baby won't come until I have a bag packed. Murphy's Law says that the baby will come precisely because I don't have a bag packed, but, so far, that tactic isn't working, so I guess I'll get packing.

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home