Friday, August 26, 2005

Dr. Time and a Party

I went to the dr. again today. Everything is good. The baby is head-down, like it's supposed to be, I'm dialating and effacing and all that good stuff. The dr. said everything is ready...but that means nothing. In other words, at this point, the little boy could decide to come tonight or he could hang out for another 3 weeks, until he gets his eviction notice in the form of some pitocin.

Tomorrow a couple of friends are giving us a baby shower. I was concerned at first about the late timing (one of the organizers was busy this last month getting married, going on a honeymoon, etc, but she really wanted to be involved, hence the 2-week clearance!) but now I'm kind of glad. I know that a lot of new moms tend to drop out of society for a few weeks, part out of physical necessity, part out of pure exhaustion, so it'll be nice to be surrounded by friends shortly before I take a little leave of absence from the outside world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home