Monday, September 05, 2005

Hey Kiddo, Don't You Know What Today Is?

I was hoping that BabyG had a calendar and knew that it was Labor Day and would get the hint, but, as this day comes to a close, it looks like he didn't get it. Oh well, he's not actually late, I'm just anxious!

Dan and I have made progress, however. We went to eat at Texas Land and Cattle tonight. It's a pretty nice steak place, but the reason we were there is that their parent company was doing a benefit today for the Katrina victims, and all of the proceeds from all of their restaurants is going to help flood victims. How can you argue with that? A yummy meal that makes you feel good, too. Anyway...while waiting for food, we each took a piece of paper and wrote down our top 5 names. Then we switched, chatted, tried out the names with all their various nicknames and with the middle name we had pretty much already decided on. And, I think we've actually got a winning name! Still no plans to broadcast it, because we can always change it without explanation, but just know that he's not going to be Baby G forever :-)

I am hoping that this is what he was waiting on. "Oh, now my parents have a name for me. Now, they're actually ready. Here I come!"

2 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger Andi said...

Our neighbor (who was due the same day as you) must of had her baby last night because their van is gone. She's been miserable so I can only imagine that you are in the same boat! Our thoughts are with you and we are hoping for a safe delivery with no surprises! Looking forward to the announcement of Baby Boy G's name!

Andi and boys (including the big boy)

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had TL&C yesterday, too. What a coincidence! Well, as sneaky as you are being in reference to the name, it better not be something like Rudolph or Hershel, 'cause you would have wanted us to talk you out of it. Take care! -Your sister who can't remember her blogger ID

 

Post a Comment

<< Home