Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Last Day of School...

We had our last childbirth class today. A little potluck, a little discussion of the postpartum period and all the fun of learning how to care for a baby. Luckily, the Grandmas will be taking turns with us in Austin, so there will be someone with proven expertise in childcare (5 kids between the two of them...all still kickin', they must have done something right!) to help these fumbling newbies. Dan has gotten a bunch of practice now. He has changed a diaper on a teddy bear, and another one on the life-size newborn doll. OK, so neither of those wiggle, squirm, or threaten to stick their feet in any unpleasant diaper contents, but he's getting there :-) Give him a couple of months and he'll be an expert, too.

So, last day of class. Another landmark. Another thing to check off the "we're ready" list. We just laugh as we accomplish each new task and say, "OK, now he'll think we're ready. Now, he'll decide it's time." But, Dan and I pretty good procrastinators, so I guess we should expect it from our child. "Not coming out 'til the last minute, or later. The world will just have to wait!"

I've been kinda cranky lately, but I had a really good day today. I ran some errands (groceries, return library books so they won't be forgotten and become terribly overdue). I felt really good. I'm still huge and akward, but I feel really lucky to have escaped any of the problems that I've heard about, diabetes, preeclampsia, major backaches, etc, etc. I've had it pretty easy and had no problems to speak of, so my complaints are just relative to "my normal self," which makes me feel like I really don't have much to complain about. Not that that will stop me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home