Monday, June 30, 2008

At what point....

do you wake a sleeping kid?

Alex and I went to stroller strides today. This involves me working out like a mighty woman and him probably actually burning more calories, with all the running, playing, picnic table climbing and laughing that he does with his little buddies.

Then we stuck around for a short beach trip with another family and then came home (OK, confession time--there was a very official looking sign that said "beware of jellyfish" stuck in the sand. But there were 3 other families, all with kids, in the water. The lifeguard didn't really know why the sign was there b/c he'd just come on duty. Was it so wrong to say "We just got all dressed in our swim stuff and we are not going to waste all of our--ahem, MY-- effort???").

Alex fell asleep in the car around 12:45. It is now almost 4:30. In a few minutes this nap will turn into a bed-time killer.

But if he needs the sleep?....What if I wake him up and he's a total mess the rest of the afternoon?....I wanted to go grocery shopping and that is hard even when we are all in a good mood....

I will be waiting by the computer for all of your wise and experienced answers. Just be aware that you have about 15 minutes.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Andi said...

Sorry this is such a late response...I'd let him sleep. In my experiences a long nap almost always indicates a need for an early bedtime. I know that makes little to no sense but much of what those boys do makes no sense to me.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

Yeah, I was kind of kidding about "15 minutes" :-)

Thanks, though. I guess he just needed it. And I'm with you on "making no sense." Every time I think I have something figured out, he goes and learns/changes/grows and I have to start all over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home