Sunday, June 04, 2006

Dan is off to Boston for a few days. So, Alex, Sydney and I have to hold down the fort here in Honolulu again.

We started off with a great time at the park today! We met for a BBQ with our play group. The best part was that it was a family gathering, so we got to meet the "other parent" in each family (mostly dads, of course, but we have one stay-at-hom dad in our group, so we got to meet that working mama as well today). What a nice way to start off these lonely days :-)

And I am on count down to going back to work! I start on June 13th, so a little over a week. I had to turn in my lesson plan overview last week, so I had to actually sit down and figure out what I planned to do with these munchkins for the 6 weeks I had them. It was strange at first, to try to think about teaching 8 year olds, when my mind has been on talking slowly and carefully, and pointing out single words to Alex for 9 months now! I am pretty sure that 8 year olds know what a "ball" or a "bird" is, so my thinking had to speed up a little to keep up with my new charges. But, once I got going, I was excited...so many fun activities and games and books to share. And I don't have to worry about anyone trying to eat the books...I hope.

Yes, I am a little sad to be going back to work, but it will only make me appreciate the time I have with Alex more.

Speaking of Alex, I have to post a few pictures of him for his long distance Daddy.

I love relaxing in my high chair, leaning back, putting my feet up....


Wow. Have you guys noticed the fan in this kitchen lately? I still love fans.

4 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with back-to-work! I predict you'll cry like a baby at some point on Day One, but Day Two is much easier.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger sara and alex said...

Hi Laura and Alex-
I'm so glad that I got to go to playgroup today and see you! We are definetly going to miss you on our thursdays. It just won't be the same! I'm going to add you to my page now, so feel free to comment anytime!! Later gator
sara and cole

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger sara and alex said...

we loved your little ticker so much that we had to borrow the idea for our page!! they are just too cute!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger sara and alex said...

we missed you at playgroup!! we should get together sometime!! how is the new job? i hope you're loving it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home