Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Mouthful of Teeth

Alex's teeth are pretty much in. He is now the proud owner of four little choppers! The top two are just little nubs, of course, but I'm glad that we should be experiencing a reprieve from all of the angst of the last couple of weeks. The problem now is that Alex is back in a wake-up-all-the-time routine, and even though I think the teething excuse has run its course, he still seems to want to get up and be fed and/or comforted at least twice a night. OH MY GOODNESS. This is not fun.

I have been busy preparing for the summer course I'll be teaching. I'll be with 3rd graders this summer, and I'm pretty excited about getting back into a classroom, although I am sure that I'll miss Alex like crazy. I think it might be fun for him, though. He really enjoys other kids at play group, and the gals at the YMCA say that he likes to chase the toddlers. (Actually, they told me a funny story about him last week. Apparently, he crawled over to the train table and pulled himself up. He then took apart a section of the track, which really annoyed the "older" kids--yeah, the 2-3 year olds. So, the kids decided that Alex needed to go some place else, and they got a bunch of toys and made a pile in a different area of the room, and encouraged Alex to play there instead of at the table. Roughly the same little group of kids is there whenever Alex is there, and they are always excited to see him, want to "read" to him or show him things. They also like to lead him up the little plastic stair/slide contraption in the playroom. So, they do like him, but apparently this day was play-with-the-train day, and the baby was getting in the way.) Anyway, my point is that I think Alex will enjoy playing with other kids, and I think that this will be a good transition into us being apart full time in the fall.

But I hope that this sleeping thing gets figured out in the next week and a half, so I don't have to go to work like a zombie every day!


This picture doesn't show the top teeth, but they are pretty hard to see anyway. You can, however, see his bottom two pearly whites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home