Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Big Mouth...

You know how when you brag, the universe likes to come along and bite you on the hiney? Well, today I'd like to apologize to the universe and my friends in Wisconsin. It was freezing here last night, and has actually been in the 20's all day today. I know that's nuthin' to ya'll up there in the frozen states, but here it's a really big deal. Schools were closed, many businesses were closed, and if they weren't closed, they opened late. There were over 70 accidents in Austin yesterday evening. And when I was out today there were a bunch of cars along the side of the road that hadn't been towed away yet. Dan just laughed and said that this state of emergency situation was kind of lame, since this is how it is in some places for months on end, but we Texans are suffering! We don't know how to drive in this, we don't all own ice scrapers for our cars, many of us don't even have gloves. It just doesn't get this cold here. So...I'd like to take responsibility for this cold snap. It is the universe saying "Don't brag about your sleeveless shirt."

Here's Alex dressed to go out yesterday. The little hat came from a friend who made it. It looks like one of those little Russian fur hats, only it has ears on top.

Why am I wearing all this? Only a couple of days ago I was wearing a onsie and shorts!



This is Aunt Sarah's dog, Sugar. So that's Alex's cousin, I guess :-) He's here to visit for a few days while Sarah is in Lubbock for some dental surgery. Poor Sarah! We'll take good care of Sugar for her.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We commented this morning on how we felt sorry for all those warm blooded people in Texas. 20 degrees...that's balmy!

At school yesterday (and mind you I do work in a very old building) we actaully had a small glacier forming on the INSIDE of the glass. Jeez it was cold!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

Ice should not be inside a building, unless it's in my glass of Diet Coke. But I guess that probably goes for WI as well as TX. That's just crazy!
Wishing you warm thoughts--Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home