Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Friendly Beasts Around Him Stood....

Last Saturday, Alex, Dan and I went down to San Marcos for some holiday fun. We attended a little party with some friends from the church I went to when I lived in San Marcos. That was a lot of fun, since most of the people there hadn't met Alex yet. He spent a good part of the evening being fussed over!

Then we went to "The Sights and Sounds of Christmas," also in San Marcos. It has a fair-like atmosphere, with a few rides, a little kids train, a bunch of food booths, etc. I remembered that its most impressive feature was the millions of lights, and that's what I thought Alex would like, too. And, he did seem to get a kick out of all the light, although sometimes he seemed either overloaded or as if he was getting tired of all the lights.

One section of the grounds was called "Bethlehem" and had a live nativity and some people doing "old world" crafts: pottery, weaving, etc. There were some animals there for kids to pet. Alex didn't actually pet any of the animals (between our cat and dog, I think Alex gets enough animal germs!), but he looked at them and seemed to be mildly interested.

Here we are in front of the camel. Notice that Mommy is still wearing a sleeveless shirt, on Dec. 3rd. I know my friends in Wisconsin are jealous!

Here we are with the sheep. Mommy is trying to snap and make me look at them. I'm looking at something pretty intently, but it's not the sheep!


1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...yeah, it's like 10 degrees here. Are you getting hit with a cold spell? I wouldn't be too jealous. However, I know that soon it will be like 90 degrees.

-Brian, Ethan and Logan's dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home