Friday, November 18, 2005

Alex Goes Belly Up

Alex surprised me today with a new skill. I put him on his tummy for tummy time, and he lifted up both of his arms and wiggled them around, which is his usual pattern. Then, he lifted up his left arm and leg, and, just like that, he ended up on his back. I was stunned. He hadn't really shown a gradual progression towards this (from what I could tell, but what do I know?), he just decided that today was the day! He doesn't really like tummy time all that much. He giggles and coos and looks happy for about 1-2 minutes, then he seems to get tired and grumpy and ends up crying (see last post for examples of this progression!). I guess he decided that if I was going to keep making him be on his tummy, he was going to learn how to rectify the situation on his own.

So, it happened. I ran and got the camera and documented the following:

Oh, not tummy time again. Mommy, you know I don't like this. I guess I can play for a minute, though. OK, one arm up, other arm up, giggle, giggle, coo. One leg up, other leg up. Hmm...a new combination. How about one arm up and one leg up? What happens now?


Whoa! What's happening? Whoooooaaaa!
(And when did that dog get in the picture? That Sydney is a ham!)


WOW! I don't know what just happened. All I know is that I'm no longer on my tummy (which is good) and now I can see the fan (even better). Amazing.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipee Alex!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home