Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Two Months!

We've been having so much fun lately! Alex has started to really interact with us, communicating both with smiles and with an adorable range of "oooooooooo"s. I call it a range because he has almost a language of ooo by itself.

There is oooooo-I'm just checking out the place, and ooooing to myself.
There is oooooo-I want your attention, but in a happy baby way, so please just imitate me, so I can imitate you imitating me, so you can imitate me imitating you imitating me (yes, this goes on for minutes at a time!).
Then there is ooooooo? ooooo?-you have left the room or at least my vision. I want you back! (There is a small urgency to this, and it almost sounds like it goes up at the end, question-style as in "Hello? Are you there?"
Finally, there is ooooooOOOOOOO, ooooOOOOOOO-I am still ooooing, but this is your 30 second warning that I am going to change to crying if you don't get back here and entertain me! The animals on my bouncer won't keep me content forever! PARENTS. DO YOU HEAR ME??

So, learning 00000 has been fun. There are some other variations, as everynow and then there is an aaaaaaa or even the far complex ooooo-aaaaaa.

*******************
On Sunday, Alex and I went to San Antonio to return Sugar to Aunt Sarah. Sugar is a cute little maltese-and-other-stuff mix that had been staying with us while Aunt Sarah was in Hawaii (both of Alex's aunts were in Hawaii last week, but only one lucky one gets to stay there permanently!). Alex is a very well-behaved visitor at this point. He was asleep when we got there, woke up to eat, went back to sleep, woke up and ate some more, and was pretty smily for the 20 minutes or so that he was awake before we left. What a great kid!

Oh, and he wore his Yoda outfit, but I didn't get any pictures, so that cuteness will have to wait for another entry.

*******************************

In other news, Alexander had his 2 month check-up on Monday. Guess who weighs 16 lbs, 3 oz and is 24 inches long! The Dr. Said he looks great (of course). Then...he got 3 immunizations. Poor guy, but he handled it like a champ. He cried when she stuck the first one in him, and then through the other two (the gal who did the shots was super-efficient...all done in about 10 seconds, I'd say!) and he stopped crying as soon as I picked him up. So, no lingering whimpering, just a kind of shocked look, which my guilt translated into "Why does my mommy hate me?" During Alex's exam, there was a girl in the room next door who was crying and banging on things like she was caged up and trying to get out. The Dr. apologized and said she needed some shots, and this was the anticipatory fit she was throwing. I guess one good thing about a baby is that they can't anticipate and they can't remember. Give him all the shots in the world right now!

************************


Oooooooo. Look at me on my tummy. If I move my arms a little, maybe I can actually get somewhere! I'll have to try that.













Ah, yes, I've heard of this. It's called "crawling." Just thinkof the trouble I can get into when I can coordinate these limbs!! Don't I look like I'm cooking up some crazy scheme?











Uh-oh. As I get tired, "tummy time" becomes less fun. My head starts to droop. Mommy?
Is it "back time" yet?













That's OK. Even if my mom is too busy taking pictures to help me, Sydney will come over and lick my head to make me feel better.

I love Sydney.












Don't worry. I wasn't sad for long. Here's a happy baby again!














So, about those 16 pounds. Do you think it's all in my cheeks?

4 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOOO CUTE!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex is so adorable! Laura, you failed to describe the noises/"baby language" that came out the other end of your precious little angel during our visit. Well, that's a story for another day. The first pic. posted today really looks like Alex is doing his best baby monkey impression. He must have learned that from all his cool dangly zoo creatures.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, Laura. Little Alex looks a lot like you - especially in this picture.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by "this picture" I meant the last one. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home