Friday, May 11, 2007

Weekend Plans...

Dan and Alex and I have big plans for the weekend. We are going to try out the new kite I bought last week. We passed some people flying a kite in a big field by the beach last weekend, and I decided that we needed to go and get a kite! There is almost always a pretty decent breeze by the ocean, and Alex is pretty fascinated by things that are up the sky.

So, those are our big plans.

Alex and I have been attending a music class on Sunday mornings. The teacher is really great and as part of the class we get a CD of the songs for that "semester." Sometimes when we are in the car, I'll ask Alex if he wants to sing and he'll nod and as soon as I turn on the CD, he starts to bob his head and clap. He's also starting to "get" some of the movements that go to the songs and plays along. We're having a good time.

I'm winding down the school year. It's been an interesting year. I've learned a lot. It's the first time I taught first grade, taught at a private school, and taught while juggling my alter-personality as a parent. Overall, a big learning curve. But it's been fun. I'm not too nostalgic yet. It's only a Friday afternoon. I'll get all sniffly in about a month, when school actually ends. Oh, as a fun bonus, the last day of school is my birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home