Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Dentist and Thomas

I'm just going to pick up as if I haven't been on a 3 month hiatus, although a lot has happened, I think that if I do a marathon post, I'll be worn out for another 3 months :-)

Alex had his first dentist appointment yesterday. He said "ah" when directed, although he snapped that mouth shut like one of those giant clams when the dentist actually put his fingers in there. When we came back into the waiting room, the desk gal said, "Oh, he was so good. I didn't even hear him cry." I took that as a good sign. And he got two Thomas the Tank Engine stickers, and a new toothbrush with a lion on it. Everytime he looked at the lion, he growled. And we got a good check-up report. He didn't get his teeth cleaned yet, because they don't do that until kids have their second set of molars, but the dentist said it looked good so far.

I've been reading about Ethan and Logan and their obsession with Thomas, so I have to chime in. The internet is out at our house (yes, this is related, read on). We went to the mall the other day because it has free wirelss so Dan could do some work he had to get done. I took Alex to the toy store where they have a Thomas display table all set up with tracks and train cars and such. Alex played for 30 minutes. He does often play quietly for a while, but not 30 minutes at a time. It was amazing. The stored closed, or we could have been there for days. Seriously, I think it could have been days.

I looked to check out the Thomas stuff for sale, just curious...EACH car cost about $19.00. Um...yeah....glad the one at the mall is free.

4 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Do you have Michael's Craft Stores in Hawaii??? Use the 40% off coupon from the Sunday ads and now Thomas is affordable. We started buying pieces and sets about a year ago when the boys just first showed an interest. One piece here and there, plus the grandparents can't resist...you can get quite a collect before you know it!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

I haven't seen one yet, so I think not. I've seen some people selling sets on Craigslist, so we might end up going that route.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger austinlady said...

Laura, I can't believe Alex will be two! I am going to my second school since Bagdad.
Marcia

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger austinlady said...

Write to me at wutke@teacher.com
Marcia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home