Monday, January 02, 2006

Who doesn't love a surprise day off?!?

Today started like every other Monday. The little boy woke up around 7:15. If he wakes up after 6:00 but before 8:00 (the sanctioned wake-up time, as per Mommy), I just take him to bed with me and snuggle, try to lull him back to sleep if possible, and generally just ignore that it's a new day, since I am very definitely not a morning person. So....Daddy gets up in a little while, gets ready for work, etc. He leaves and is back about 15 minutes later. I assumed he'd forgotten his laptop as happens sometimes.

Nope, apparently his company had the day off, and no one had told him...or he just didn't get the memo. So, it was a happy day of working around the house for us. Our living room, as I explained before, is a disaster area. But yesterday we sold the 7-foot tall book case that holds about a million books. Now the books are all over the office. Some are in little stacks by subject so we can sell them. The living room is getting better. Dan used this day off to really work hard. I, on the other hand, was not so productive today. Alex and I played for a while, then I did a little work while he slept, then we went to play group. It was a lovely day so the mammas and babies went to the park. The group consists of babies born in September and October, so Alex is actually the oldest one in the bunch. It's less a play group than a social time for moms, but it's nice to compare notes and, of course, to chat excitedly about our amazing offspring! So, we enjoyed ourselves there and then came home. Dan surprised us by having sold both the bed frame and a little desk lamp. Yeah...getting rid of stuff is the name of the game right now!

I took more pictures of stuff, posted more stuff on Craigslist, made some dinner, ate some dinner, Alex was crabby so I put him to bed, and then I fell asleep. Dan came out to do something else and found me passed out on the couch. Maybe New Year's is still haunting me.

So much to do so much to do. Our household is so busy right now!


Alex is so eager to sit up! Whenever he is in an inclined position, he tries so hard to lift his head. His head is almost always a couple of inches off whatever head rest he's suppoesd to be relaxing on. So, we've been practicing sitting up lately. He uses the Boppy pillow and a hand from Mom, and he can do a pretty good job.

Oh, a little stretching feels good. Yeah...stretch and reach...ahhhhh....

OK, feel the burn...this is becoming less like sitting and more like yoga...um...Mommy? The only thing keeping me from folding completely over is my diaper. Well, that and my Buddah belly! Maybe sitting isn't my thing quite yet.

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO funny Dan!

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typical. I should tell you stories about him in high school.

-Brian

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger babyboyg said...

I'd love to hear those sometime Brian!--Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home