Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Loyalty Schmoyalty

I dressed Alex this morning with the intention of taking a couple of pictures to post that would make his Grandpa and all of Grandpa's coworkers smile:

This shirt was a hand-me-down from a little friend of his who also has grandparents that live in Lubbock.

But, as we were driving around town doing errands today, I was reminded that today was not a day to show pride in any college other than the University of Texas. The entire city of Austin was a sea of the color known as "Burnt Orange," the color of the Texas Longhorns. T-shirts, bumper stickers, flags, jackets, banners, signs outside of businesses all reminded me that the Longhorns are in the Rosebowl and we were just about the only people in town not wearing orange.

So, we ran errands, I took my pictures, we packed some more, and then we changed clothes. Into another shirt, given by the same little friend, that happened to have a little longhorn on it and be burnt orange. I am such a follower.

Then we went to church to enjoy the game with some friends, on a big screen. Alex was in a lousy mood, so we went home early. But he was a cute little fan while it lasted.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy schmolie, you've been a posting fool.

Alex looks rather dashing in his TT regalia. However, being an alum of the school that created THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, I'll just say I'm sad not to see the picture of him decked out in burnt orange.

-Jenna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home