Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Spiderman is back, and he needs some fish

So I went to my Junior League meeting tonight. Dan and Alex stayed home for a boys' night. 
When I got home, Alex asked how my meeting was. This is one of his new favorite things, as I always ask him "How was school today?" and he answers and then asks, with perfectly imitated inflection, "And how was your work today?" 
Anyway...so I thought about what to say: "We discussed The Bachelor and how all the girls are so catty" or "We planned parties we are throwing which involve expensive purses." 

But we are also planning a beach clean up and picnic in a couple of weeks. So, I told him that we were going to get together with some of mommy's friends and clean up the beach because sometimes people throw their trash on the sand and it goes out in the water and that's just so sad, and we want to do something to make it better. 

He got very excited and replied, "I can help with that. I can pick up all the trash. I'll be like Spiderman and help people and the fish because I can pick up all the trash. And I'll have a big bag for all the trash and all the trash can go in my bag!" Then he said, very seriously, "But I can't go down to the bottom of the water. The fish will have to bring some of the trash up to help me."

So, it looks like all we need is some coordination from the fish and a really big bag and Alex will take care of it all while the rest of us dive right into that picnic. Thanks Alex.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home